We are thankful to have a diverse group with a variety of approaches to recovery. Please share your experiences and resources with the group and refrain from comments that might be seen as judgmental of other members or of the ways that they choose to heal. Disrespectful comments will not be tolerated. Thank you for your understanding.
All members of MMR must agree to observe the following guidelines and acknowledge the disclaimer:
- Confidentiality: All personal information shared in the group is confidential and is not to leave the group. Privacy is of the highest importance.
- No Illegal Activity: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes. Additionally, we are not here to tell you how to break or circumvent the law, or add information on how to pass a drug test. Posts asking about the chances of getting caught or likelihood of success in a criminal act are not allowed. Do not post information on how to smuggle, ship, hide, manufacture, or distribute illegal substances.
- Acceptance: The group accepts members just as they are and avoids making judgments.
- Stay On Topic: We discuss things related only to cannabis and our recovery.
- Sharing: A member does not have to share to be or remain a part of the group. Focus on the person sharing and do not offer unsolicited advice.
- Saturdays are allowed for “meme” sharing. The definition of a meme is as follows: a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users. All memes must be within MMR’s guidelines.
- Questions/Answers: Members have the right to ask questions and the right to refuse to answer.
- No Spamming, Advertisements, Trolling: Spam, or the repetitive display of the same text again and again, is not allowed. Advertising for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting something is also prohibited. Trolling, defined as a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response, is forbidden.
- Admins/Moderators: The admins have the right to remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time or deny/block membership due to noncompliance with these guidelines. Please respect that the admins are volunteering their time and are not paid professionals.
Disclaimer: Marijuana Maintenance in Recovery is a volunteer support group sharing practical information. This is not a professional or medical organization. The information provided in this group is for informational and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional care.
© 2013-2017 Marijuana Maintenance in Recovery